It’s that time of year again, where kids and candy go hand in hand during the Trick or Treat frenzy and Halloween parties. But it doesn’t have to be all sugar and candy to be fun. Try out this recipe below to bring fun to your child’s Halloween with this tasty and healthy snacks!
GREEN FRUIT MONSTERS
These green little monsters are not only cute, but they are a great healthy snack and easy to make!
Sun Flower Seeds
Candy eyes (found in baking section)
Lemon Juice (spray or liquid)
- Cut several strawberries length wise into little slivers to use for the monster’s tongue. Depending on the size of the strawberry, you should get about 2-4 slivers each.
- Cut your apples into quarters, avoiding the core and seeds. Then carefully carve the mouth out with a knife. You should be able to make about four mouths per apple. Spray them or rub them with a little bit of lemon juice if you’d like to prevent them from turning brown.
- Spread peanut butter on the inside of the ‘mouth’, mostly on the bottom where the strawberry tongues will go.
- Use the sunflower seeds for the teeth. Gently push the seed into the flesh of the apple.
- Place your strawberry tongues inside of the mouths, using the peanut butter as the ‘glue’ to make them stick.
- Here’s the best part… adding your candy eyes. Put a little dab of peanut butter on the back of each eye and stick it to the upper part of the mouth on to the apple.
Have a safe and Happy Halloween from Paradise Hills Dentistry!